29 Dec 2004
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Structural Engineers drawing for a thru kitchen/diner shows a rsj sitting on padstones 600L x 100w x 150h,rsj going on the inner wall of a cavity at one end.
Can you you buy preformed padstones this size, or is it best to cast in-situ,if the latter do i support the rsj at the required postion and then cast.
Whats the best way to do this?
Sponsored Links
In my experience precast concrete lintels can be used and the BI's seem to be happy with that option. We used a 4' x 6" x 3" lintel to do our kitchen/diner knock-through (cut in two) and it's holding up a sizeable piece of steel. Only costs a few pounds too.


DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links