Paint Disaster!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Im so annoyed with my mother in law she decided to paint a room in our house but decided to do it quickly.

Shes painted over glossed doors and skirting boards with gloss, no undercoat, no sanding down! now the paint on the door is sagging and still wet underneath from 2 weeks ago! If you touch the wall or the skirting boards it just sags and looks horrible.

She then decided to paint the whole room in magnolia matt!!!!!!!!!!! over a silk paint, now the room in soom spots is covered in cracks from the paint drying?? my poor room, i want to put it right can anyone give me some advice?

thank you very much.

Dean

Sponsored Links
Ah bless her. a nice helpful mother in law who tried to be kind and save you some work.....

A very rare event........

Next time she comes to stay offer that beautifully deorated room as her room ........

The sagging gloss paint can be rubbed down with VERY wet & dry paper, PLENTY of water.
If it does make a mess dosnt really matter as you will be repainting

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back