paint spray guns

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello
Im tempted to use an electric spray gun (that screwfix sell) to paint the inside of my garage. Its very cheap though, has anyone used one and are they okay ?

Sponsored Links
Yes I use one.Screwfix is about the going rate (unusually).
Make sure the paint is tested for thickness-or lack of) with the little funnel thing that they give you.
They are quite noisy in use and the vibration give you pins and needles.
Set to full blast the 1 litre capacity will last about 1 minute.
The nozzle leaked on mine ,so I put some PTFE plumbing tape on the thread.It doesnt leak any more..
Ive sprayed wood preservative and also unibond with it and it works fine.
Wear a mask and ventilate the area youre working on.
Clean through and oil the machine head valves after each use.

can i have some more info on these, what sort of paint can u use in it?

well as far as Im concerned you can put whatever you like in them.
The thing to watch is the thickness of the substance.You must be able to thin it down .There is a little funnel thing in the box that you use to "time " how fast it drains out,therefore giving a measure of the thickness.
Also you have to be able to clean ot the machine easily afterwards.I would say that your only no-no would be weird paints like hammerite.
Anyway if you did ruin the machine it was only 15 quid ,so just buy another-stuff the environment....

Sponsored Links
evdama said:
I would say that your only no-no would be weird paints like hammerite.

You can even use it for that but, the thinners cost an arm and a leg. You do get a very nice effect though if you get the viscosity right.

HTH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back