Painting asbestos corrugated roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My garage appears to have an asbestos corrugated roof. -If anyone can tell me: how I can tell if it actually is asbestos? -that would be much appreciated.

I intend to use the garage as a workshop, to some extent, and it could do with brightening up (concrete walls and roof as mentioned). My thoughts are to just cover it all in masonry paint (walls and ceiling), but I’m not sure about the asbestos roof -I know some things are best left but I cant help but think a coat of masonry paint will keep the nasty dust away if anything? (and look a lot better)

Sponsored Links
Nothing wrong with a good coat of masonry paint on your asbestos roof. :)

Other than testing a sample to see if its asbestos, you can normally tell by picking a small corner of it off, it will normally be white in the middle and fibery (or hairy). best leave it though, if its not metal or plastic, its deffo asbestos!

masonary paint it is then! -allthough i have the rest of the house to decorate first before i can even think of doing the garage!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back