Painting inside smooth concrete garage damp walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to spray paint the inside of my concrete sectional garage walls but the walls are very smooth and damp, Is there any special precautions i need to take? I will be using some white floor paint i bought and mixing it with cellulose thinners.

Sponsored Links
I normally use Masonry paint. The first coat on bare concrete should be thinned at least 1ltr water to 5lt (I thinit down more) to act as a primer, next coat thin just a little. No other primers needed. It is sprayable but goes on luverly with a roller in no time. Though if walls are damp they need rectifying, If exterior walls are bare I coat over with silicone.
I personally wouldnt use the floor paint (cellulose thinners ??) on walls, It will peel off in time without a special concrete primer (alkyd resisting).
Good luck ..

i have bought Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 - Primer Sealer i will spray this on first then i will spray floor paint and thinners on walls. I
will leave doors open to hopefully air out garage and dry walls, Heater just creates more condensation, Thks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back