Painting over Supermatt

CG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just finished building and tiling a new bathroom and the final job is to paint some T and G panels, in some moment of stupidity I painted them with Johnsons wood primer (had some left from when I painted our stairs with their floor paint) but then did a mist coat of Dulux supermatt - is this bad as I wanted to use some pure briliant white eggshell and just spaced it when getting the paint together.

Should I just paint over the supermatt or rub it down first? or any other ideas

thanks

Sponsored Links
ok...first little point...you dont need to mist coat over stuff that has already been coated, its purely for bear plaster/render...

As its suppermatt id be inclined to try and was as much of as poss with warm water , rub down and then give it an oil based undercoat followed by two eggshells

Yep, soak three times with water and start washing the Supermatt off. Also, Supermatt is never to be used over already painted surfaces as it will eventualy crack.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back