painting storage heaters help??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just got a new place with horrible storage heaters and i'm wanting to know if it is possible to paint these? some sort of special paint etc?

If not possible can u put some sort of cover over them?

Has anybody got any ideas on this?

Cheers in adavnce

Sponsored Links
I think it will still look the same even if you painted it,I can't see why you can't use radiator cover cabinet but you might have to modify the side if it not deep enough or save money by making one.They sell them in Wickes.See this for example.

Radiator cabinets was design to protect babies, young children and family pets burning their hand or paws !

:eek: Have you not read what it says on the front of them do not cover this is to prevent over heating and ether triping them out or worse still causing a fire try rubbing them down undercoating then gloss but don't use them untill they are completly dry

I didn't say you can :!: and no I can't read the instruction on the storage heater from here :cool:

Providing you have a plenty ventilation and the radiator cabinet have at least 50mm air flow all round,I can't see a problem unless I missed something here :confused:

Sponsored Links
all depends on the age of the heater the older ones will trip for fun and what a waste of money on covers then don't you agree

Yeah,can't be many round now as they properly not economical and can be a bit of a eyesore.

:!: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: If you read the first post thats what was said :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:confused: Don't know what you're trying to proves.

Look it up in the dictionary and you will find "horrible" and "eyesore" have a difference meaning :p

Horrible,.....causing horror.
Eyesore,.....ugly object.

:rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I have just looked up argumentive and it said Masona ;) ;) ;)

dgdec said:
I have just looked up argumentive
You can't have done because it's not in the dictionary,I think you meant argumentative,see you're not perfect either.I'm getting bored now and if you want to carry on I suggest you go on chat-line :LOL: :LOL:

:D :D :D don't WORRY AT LEAST WE HAD A LAUGH JUST HOPE THE PERSON WITH THE HEATERS HAS SORTED OUT HIS PROBLEM KNOW DOUBT WE WILL AT SOME TIME correspond AGAIN BY FOR NOW :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yeah,nice knowing you mate, Happy Christmas and er I feel sorry for the owner of the storage heater that keeps tripping out unless the house burnt down,nothing to do with me is it :?: :oops: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back