Painting Storage Heaters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wasn't sure where to post this but as they're electric here goes....

I have some tired looking storage heaters that could do with a nice coat of gloss white paint. Now I'm not stupid and realise that whatever I paint on has to cope with the temperature of the surface. I have thought about two possible options and would welcome thoughts and/or advice:

1. Spray them myself using high temp spray paint.

2. Send them to a shop to be painted/powder coated.

Can anyone offer any advice as to what the best course of action would be?

Cheers....

Sponsored Links
Best technically, or best price-wise?

PS - this is a Decorating / Painting / Wall Tiling question, not an electrical one....

Best technically I suppose. I wouldn't pay through the nose but don't mind paying around the £100 - £150 mark for two heaters if the finish is worth it.

Basically I'm due to to finish refurbishing my flat and was planning to get a new storage heaters but I've got the slimmist and latest models so I thought why not get them looking shiney.

A long lasting quality finish is what I'm after.

PS - thnaks for repsonding. :)

Sponsored Links
Nice idea - I'll look into it. Cheers.....

why not use emulsion. Its what everyone who decorates an office on the cheap and cant be bothered to do the job properly does! :LOL:

How about radiator enamel, looks nice enough when its on.

Thermo said:
why not use emulsion. Its what everyone who decorates an office on the cheap and cant be bothered to do the job properly does! :LOL:

Tutututututututut!

If you look in B & Q youl find quite a few difeerent type of heat resistant enamel sprays for sale.

it was said in derision rather than a suggestion zampa, surely youve come across it more than a few times

Cheers guy's I'll investigate and report back..........

Thermo said:
it was said in derision rather than a suggestion zampa, surely youve come across it more than a few times

Oh yes...too many, thing is..the DIY ers and dodgy builders always seem too get away with it,

I knew where you were coming from though. :)

ban-all-sheds said:
Matt black would be the most efficient finish to have.

I know but I'm looking to improve the looks! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back