Painting Wood Veneered Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am planning to paint all of the interior doors in my house, as it seems to be cheaper than getting new doors.

They are wood effect (veneer) hollow doors and I would like to paint them white with a satin finish.

Can anyone recommend the best combination of primer, undercoat and finish to achieve the best results (with cost in mind!)

Any advice would be gratefully recieved :LOL:

Many Thanks

Luke

Sponsored Links
If they have been varnished, if it was me, I would rub down with sand paper and put two coats of white undercoat and two coats of white satin or gloss paint. I’m not a fan of water basted paints that you can wash brushes out with water. I like the oil basted paints that you wash the brushes out with white sprit.

A good primer is crucial here...but as Welsted says give em a good rub down, in the direction of the grain.

You could go for a coat of Dulux super grip or melamine primer of some sorts.

Alkali resisting primer that has been thinned aby about 305 it very good too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back