Panel Heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I needed to extend the flex of my 800w panel heater as it was situated a some distance from a plug. The flex that ran from the heater was 0.75mm so I bought some more of this and wired it up using a 3 terminal connector. My concern is that the guide says that the 0.75mm flex is for 6 amps where as the heater is only 3 amps. Would this cause a problem?

Sponsored Links
6A > 3A so no, there won't be a problem. It's fine to use cable with a higher rating than the appliance it is connected to.

Davy

lord_tink_fist said:
I needed to extend the flex of my 800w panel heater as it was situated a some distance from a plug. The flex that ran from the heater was 0.75mm so I bought some more of this and wired it up using a 3 terminal connector. My concern is that the guide says that the 0.75mm flex is for 6 amps where as the heater is only 3 amps. Would this cause a problem?

Enclosed in a "Choc box", with cord restraints and all, right?

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CHOCBOX.html

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back