parking fine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Unknown to me I was given a parking ticket for parking on yellow line. no ticket was no windscreen on my return. I only new about fine when I got a letter from the council asking for £100 since i had not paid up in 14 days, since I did not know about fine what do a I say to council on my appeal

Sponsored Links
Well, if you write to them and tell them there was no ticket there... it must happen all the time, it happened to my mum once. Then you get the discounted rate again. Still means you have to pay.

However, examine the line where you were caught very carefully. There are strict guidelines on these. Simple things such as a lack of a T-bar on the end of the line, or a few feet where the line is not complete from end to end (i.e. a few feet of paint missing somewhere on the line). There may also be regs on the signage informing you of the hours. People have had parking tickets nullified this way.

A mate of mine got issued a ticket whilst parked in a bay where you had to produce a ticket in the windscreen. His ticket ran out at 1604 and he was issued with his parking fine at 1545!! He kept all the tickets etc, wrote letters to the council and they still did not believe him. He even had to go to the local court and swear he was telling the truth. The only person lying here was the warden who issued the ticket in the first place and who should of got the sack.

Well, the only qualification required to be a parking warden is that your parents weren't married ;)

I got one when I parked a motorbike in a motorbike parking area in London. The warden claimed I was outside the area, but I wasn't. I wrote to the council and said as much, they wrote back and said "Well the warden disagrees..." well DURRRR! If your boss said to you "Hey bub, I have someone here accusing you of gross incompetence and criminal behaviour. Is that true?" what would you say... :LOL:

Perhaps it is the bosses who are the problem... don't they give them quotas? Great. Why do they think that makes sense? :rolleyes: Try it with other jobs. Why not give soldiers quotas? "OK, now I want you to all kill at least 20 people today or you get court marshalled. I don't care who they are, just kill them. If anyone claims they were wrongfully killed, we'll just tell them you thought they were an enemy and they can't prove otherwise."

What a cunch of bocks. :mad:

Sponsored Links
i am very sorry adam you have got your facts very very wrong :evil: :evil: not only do they dought your parentage they have to be shure what planet they originate from :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D

A new one on me was that if there are zig zags in the middle of a two lane road and no yellow lines by the kerb you can get a ticket as it means that cars have to cross the zig zags in order to pass the parked vehicles!
If that is the case then signage and/or yellow lines need to be put in place to inform people not to park.

if you mean the zig zag lines you get by a crossing, not only can you get a ticket , but also 3 points :cry:

kendor said:
A new one on me was that if there are zig zags in the middle of a two lane road and no yellow lines by the kerb you can get a ticket as it means that cars have to cross the zig zags in order to pass the parked vehicles!
If that is the case then signage and/or yellow lines need to be put in place to inform people not to park.

Sorry mate ... HiWayCode Para 167 and 215 ... YOU MUST NOT Stop or park on A pedestrian crossing, including the area marked by the zig-zag line.
http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/18.shtml
http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/22.shtml#215
I was perusing books in Sanesberries ... had a quick try at 'Highway code questions' ... Result I bought a copy of the actual code ... I shocked myself !! 'Tis free on the web.

What about this for subjectivity !! John Law decides here.
179. You MUST NOT reverse your vehicle further than necessary.
Law CUR reg 106

P

you missed the bit about 3 points :LOL: (i found that one out about 24 years ago, the hard way)

its actually amazing how much those of us who have been "driving for years" do not realise how much the highway code has changed:cool:

but everyone ignores the one that says let busses pull out :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back