parking ticket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
wonder if anyone can help me with this?
i got a paking ticket 2 weeks ago as the ticket machine was out of order so i put a sign on my dashboard stating this with the date & time.
as i have been paying £3.50 per day for the last 6 mths with the tickets to prove it as my wife/accountant keeps them to claim back oni thought this was a bit harsh :mad:
the parking tickets states that if you refute the ticket u can write a letter to head of parking etc...within 7 days and enclose the ticket.
if you pay within 14 days you only have to pay 1/2 which is £30 and not £60.
as i have not recieved a reply for 2 weeks & do not have the original ticket anymore does anyone know legally what i should do?
i input my reg no. in the ticket machine so they should be able to tell that i attempted to pay?

Sponsored Links
ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
do not have the original ticket anymore
I don't know if it me but I thought you didn't have the ticket in the first place or have I read wrong ?

In theory you have to find another ticket machine that's working unless they all failed. I don't know how you stand legally but how can they proved your car was there ? What if the traffic warden enter wrong details unless they have a photo as they do in speeding camera to prove it.

My wife has similar problem 2 years ago on the beach car park and put the ticket into the ticket holder clip, went back again to the car for something and locked the car up again. Later on there was a parking ticket because when my wife open the hatchback the vacuum pressure blew the ticket onto the floor. I wrote to them and heard nothing, not even a reply to acknowledge the letter. They may have accepted your explanation but it's not knowing, another good point would be to photocopy the ticket next time. I asked them why didn't they acknowledge my letter and they said "less paperwork and saving costs" They don't care about us, rude or what?

Sorry I can't help you but I think all you can do is sit back and wait unless somebody here know the legal side of it.

My mate (don't care type!) has 11 parking tickets last year and never brother paying the fines, he ended up paying only 4 of them because the rest get lost or too much time & paperwork to trace the owner's.

masona
i did'nt have the orignal ticket as there was only one machine which was out of order.the ticket i sent of was the one that the traffic warden kindly deposited on my windscreen. :eek:

it depends on where you are and what you can get away with, legaly you must get ticket form another m/c that is of same value, but often i have seen notes saying when arrived and which meter is broken , ticket warden reads, looks at meter and walks by, but have no note, and out comes a ticket.

best one i saw, put in money, money falls out, put same money in , it falls out, look at display, press button, get parking paid for 4 hours even though you got your money back

Sponsored Links
I am not sure how it stands with car parks, but here is how I got a parking ticket in London about 4 years back.

I went to Leicester Square on my bike. Parked it in a motorcycle parking zone (loads of them round London, free parking for bikers!). A parking attendant walked past as I was locking my helmet in the box, I nodded a "how do", he nodded back. If there was a problem then he could have told me "move your bike or it will get a ticket", and I would have done.

Came back an hour later to find the g*t had ticketed my bike! His reason, he claimed I was over the lines. Now as I was parked in the middle of the row of bikes, it couldn't have been at the side. And I wasn't overhanging at the front wheel. At a stretch, I was partially covering the white line, but was certainly not on the other side of it! So I thought "BS ticket, I'll write to them".

Westminster council wrote back saying "Attendant claims you were over the edge of the area thus you got a ticket". They reset the half-price ticket deadline so it was two weeks from when they sent a reply rather than the original ticket date. Of course I paid up instead of contesting it in court. And they know that's what people do. Easy for them.

What makes it worse? A couple of mopeds parked on the pavement DIDN'T get tickets.

So what I am saying is, even if you have to pay then you should only have to pay £30 and I have a feeling this is the law as it is down to their incompetence if it takes too long to reply.

I once got a parking ticket despite having a Paid & Displayed. I took it straight down the police station and showed the copper on the desk, where I was given details of the office to write to.

Wrote to the office and sent a photocopy of the ticket and a reply was sent back stating that a photocopy is not admissible, they must have the original. They gave me the address of an office to take it to in person (as I refused to trust the post), which I did. They said they needed to keep it for their files but the case would be dropped.

I finally recieved a summons. I turned up in court armed with my own copy of the ticket, and the name/number of the PC that had seen the original in the station, and the name/time/date that their member of staff had taken it from me. They blatantly denyed having ever seen the original and the magistrate found in their favour! £80 fine + £40 costs!

b*stds the lot of em.

In other words, they committed perjury. Which makes them criminals.

The problem is, the magistrate pretty much HAS to take their word for it as otherwise everyone would question their tickets. It's a stupid situation.

No-one would think you would have had to videotape yourself giving them the ticket and taking a DNA swap from their inside cheek in order to prove you gave them the ticket... :evil:

No adam magistrates couldn't care less,they are only there to collect money to pay his (or her) absolutely blatant OTT salary. You only have to look at society in general to see their value. Suppose you could also say the same about judges too. By and large well past retirement date and totally arrogant and out of touch.

I speak as someone with no criminal record BTW.

I speak as someone with no criminal record BTW.

Sorry Dave but you know what the Police would say ? 'No known offences'. For you and me .... leaving just that doubt !!

But for Paedo Judge ? Just been naughty boy 'no crim record' exemplery service blah,blah ... therefore just abberation !!

Never been different ... discrimination again, it is rife in this country .. just smoked in different terminology.
This PC business is just a conscience thing .. over compensation for treating us like cr*p !

Bu**er it .... when her in doors achievs full pension rights and calls it a day, we are selling up or renting out and buqqering off to Oz hot bluddy foot .... Just not enough room here and worsening !

P

Talking about PC, some kids have just sprayed their names all over a wall near me. Anyway the local warden came down to have a look. He said the council have just bought a new jetting machine and trained 6 staff in its use. However we can't remove this as it is not offensive it is only names. We have to prioritise and only remove if sexist or racist .

Suppose the answer is obvious , but the moderator may not agree!

Good News about your fine….

I work for Daimler Chrysler Fleet Management and look after all fines, penalties and congestion charges and received over 900 a month.......

Anyone that isn't happy with a penalty can appeal against it.

Just send it back ticking the relevant box and you'll then receive a letter back with an appeal form attached, this gets sent to the Parking and appeals Service .

The National Parking Adjudication Service is an independent tribunal where impartial lawyers consider appeals by motorists and vehicle owners whose vehicles have been issued with Penalty Charge Notices (or have been removed or clamped) by councils in England and Wales enforcing parking under the Road Traffic Act 1991.

I have to use them daily on behalf of our customers and we are the registered keeper and find them really good.

Hope this helps.

http://www.parking-appeals.gov.uk/

ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
wonder if anyone can help me with this?
I have been paying £3.50 per day for the last 6 mths with the tickets to prove it as my wife/accountant keeps them to claim back oni

Just out of interest, you've not been working in the same place for 6 months have you?

Sponsored Links
Back