Partition magic rescue disks. Mouse freezes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Asus m2ne mobo about 6 weeks old and i am having problems with rescue disks and mouse support.Here,s the problem i have used Partition Magic rescue disks in the past and also whilst first setting up this mobo when new. The trouble now is i tried to use the disks to do some work on a partition, the gui loaded up but the mouse wouldnt respond the pointer was just frozen. I thought it might be because it was a usb wireless mouse so i powered down and swopped it for a ps2 mouse, but still the mouse curser was frozen. I done some searching on the net but couldnt find any answers. The next thing i done was found some info on creating a bootable cd instead of using floppies, as i was begining to suspect the floppy drive as it was a used unit a friend had given me. It took me awhile to finally get the cd to boot but i had wasted my time. Still no use of the mouse. I then tried the bootable cd and floppies in another pc and the mouse worked normally. I have looked in the bios but cant see anything that could be causing the problem. This morning i loaded setup defaults in the bios hoping that may cure it but it didnt. Does anyone know what could be wrong.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Back