Patching plastic so it is watertight

Sponsored Links
30 Sep 2011
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Any plastic welding adhesive, which is designed for the particular type of plastic...
Assuming that the plastic isn't a thermoset plastic - in which case a solvent won't work. And thermosets are used a lot for components which need to take heat. Fortunately, all manufactured plastic components are supposed tlo be marked with the plastics type to aid recycling, so the OP should look for a triangle and a plastic type, or a plastic tupe between two arrows, e.g. ">PA8 GF30<" or ">PPE<" (a type of polyamide nylon, PA 8, with a 30% glass fibre filler AND polyphenyl ether - BTW neither of these can be solvent welded, the 1st is found in a lot of power tool casings, whilst the second is used on components in my tumble dryer: full listing on the BPF web site)

I think I'd be inclined to use a hot melt glue stick with a suitably high temperature
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local