Path/border edging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have decided to tidy up the garden and skipped the old path edging of rounded concrete as it looked tatty.

I want to replace with some sort of contempary edging and was thinking about using treated timber to make a frame the size of the border to bed into the earth. (I.e A rectangle shaped frame laid onto the border and bedded in with one side of the frame butted up against the paths edge). Then inside the frame to have a layer of stones in laid over the soil.

Is this a feasable project and how would a go about laying the frame. Could i just bed it into the soil or would it be better compacting soil and a layer of sand under the frame..

Any advice or ideas of other edging ideas appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
dependent on the size of the timber you are using, you can use wooden pegs hammered into the ground behind the timber and then screw the frame to it. That will hold it secure enough

I have dug gullys around my paths, about 4"wide and 4" deep, and in some places have laid about 2" of concrete at the bottom of the gully, other places filled up with ornamental bark. This is particularly useful for mowing the lawns, and getting quite a neat finish

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back