Permanent live wire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing a celing rose for a light bulb. I have removed the old rose and found 4 red wires 2 of which are permanently live and two that aren't. 2 black wires and two bare earthed wires. On my new rose I have housings for 2 neutral wires, 2 live wires and 3 loop wires. Which ones do I put and where? I have tried a few configurations and had the light permanently on but not controlable by the switch.

Sponsored Links
this is probably "loop in wiring" where you take a live and nuetral to the "rose" then loop the same live and nuetral to the next "rose" and so on.. you then take a feed to your switch from the live at the rose and return from the switch to the lamp the other side of the lamp goes to neutral
the earths should be sleeved with green sleeving

Thanks for the reply. I'd actualy guessed right for a change as that is what I tried and it worked. Your confirmation of this has put my mind at rest now, thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back