Permanently Removing Radiator?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:?:

I am ok with removing a radiator and the associated wall brackets ( I don't want to put another one there) but I need some advice on how to remove, or hide the remaining pipes at either end? I know they will need to be "capped off", what do I need? And what is the best way of "hiding" the pipes before I repair the wall and paint it? ( The pipes are narrow ones, so I am nervous they might leak if bent or creased)

Thanks in advance....

Ian In Northumberland

Sponsored Links
Do you mean that the pipes drop down the wall from above, if so lift floorboards above and cut/cap off pipes above ceiling.

No, the pipes are coming out of the wall just above the skirting board to feed the radiator. So all I can see is 2 inches of pipe that then attaches to the radiator that I want to permanently remove.

I want to find a way of "tucking them" back behind the dry lined wall, but I am concerned they might crease if I bend them back into the wall?

Also do I "cap them" by buying a "cap" from a local merchant?

I can repair the dry lined wall if I have to cut a channel out, thats not an issue. It's how to "push" the pipes behind the wall I need help with.....

Thanks for quick response sooey

Depends if the pipes are coming up or going down?
Are they copper, are they plastic?
What diameter?

If they come up from under the floor then all you need to do is drain down, lift the floor, and push the appropiate fitting over the pipe - unless you are happy with soldering wet pipes?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Dan,

You are getting me to think about the problem which is no bad thing!!!

The floor is concrete, and I'm therefore sure the pipes are coming from above as the radiator in question is on the ground floor.

They are copper, and narrow, narrower than I've seen in other homes, kind of "micro" pipes??

They come out of the wall immediately above the skirting board, and around 3 inches are exposed to where they are attached to the radiator I want to permanently remove.........

Thanks for your interest.......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back