Phone locked

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Didn't know where to put this topic,

My sister just has a high phone bill :eek: due to 2 young teenager girls :rolleyes:
Do any of you know how to lock it, I understand you can enter a pin number ?? Is this the job for BT or can I do it, and is it a free service ?

Sponsored Links
You can lock your own phone mate. It is in security settings. refer to the handbook or take it to a mobile shop and they will help you. Its free. You put in a password and only you can unlock the phone by putting the password in. Another thing is to get the girls pay as u go phones for crimbo. They will need to top up the credit themselves so u can monitor how much they use. If they want more they pay for it

Ahhh, sorry my fault :oops:

This is a land phone and not mobile.

get in touch with your phone co. differnt providers do it differently

I can even get a call after a call to say how much previous call cost

Sponsored Links
masona said:
Ahhh, sorry my fault :oops:

This is a land phone and not mobile.

Check its your phone that needs locking............... could be your front door :LOL: :mrgreen:

masona said:
......... a high phone bill :eek: due to 2 young teenager girls :rolleyes:

All I know is .... they are members of the most expensive species on the Planet ... Nah, in the Universe !!!! ;) Lock the phone ? ... buy mobiles ? Then you can feel huge guilt when they inevitably stay out late, you know that you refused to credit their mobile oooer !! :rolleyes:

Perhaps better to have the PAYG mobile in one's own name, set up to enable the account crediting by DirDeb via txt message (have used this on T-Mob worked fine), besides the normal crediting methods.
P

if your pay bt for your call charges you can have your phone ring back with the cost of each call by
press "star 411 hash" it will now ring back after every call
and when you get extremly annoyed with this service ringing back
press"hash 411 hash"to cancel dont think theres a charge
there never used to be

big all

A simple solution if your sister is at home when the kids are is to get a cordless and walk around with it in her apron pocket like Mrs Boswell on Bread.

There is an advantage that your sister already has: teenagers generally dial a few numbers lots, rather than lots of numbers infrequently. So, the bulk of the calls (friends, boyfriends, mobiles) will be very easy to determine on an itemised bill. That's what my parents used to do and I had to pay for the calls that were obviously mine.

Good luck to your sister getting it sorted. Taking away a teenager's phone privileges, or even making them pay for it, is a recipe for bruised eardrums. :LOL: And she needs to start locking her mobile too, when they learn they can't use the landline there is a good chance they will start spiriting away her "free minutes".

you could get one of those locks that you plug the phone into?

kendor said:
you could get one of those locks that you plug the phone into?
I didn't know that, does that mean I can still ring my sister ? when the phone is locked.

Thanks, I know what to look for now, I have to wait until I get home as we're not allow to use ebay at work :rolleyes:

i should like to point out that its Starting at 99p buy it now price is 9.99.

I still think you would be better off asking your phone company, as the "lock" refered to, one is required for each phone socket ££££££

Sponsored Links
Back