Photo link from Photobucket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As advised by both the Forum Moderator and "How to post a photo" I indeed set up photos in photobucket and copied and pasted the link into a new topic on this forum. However the link always came out in black normal type and not the blue hyperlink style. I am using the link in photobucket for Forums and clicking on the Img button above.

To avoid irritating members I need to know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
This is what happens..................

P8160005.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sorry ........ My wife says i am a time waster...... that didnt happen the first time, honest. The moderator ticked me off. although I still dont know how a pasted string ended up as a photo :confused:

toptec said:
Sorry ........ My wife says i am a time waster...... that didnt happen the first time, honest. The moderator ticked me off. although I still dont know how a pasted string ended up as a photo :confused:
Easy. your photo is hosted at photobucket. When you copy that link for forums, it puts a link to it here. When you surround something with IMG tags (as in the link from photobucket), it means the forum software is to display a picture at the link that is written between the tags. If there is a URL tag in the link, you can click the photo to display it in its own window or take you to photobucket, depending how its set up. If the link is incorrect or doesn't exist, it shows a bitmap error image (the little logo with 3 coloured shapes). If the forum tag string is incorrect, it simply shows the string you typed. ;)

Thanks to you all for the advice.

Apologies to Moderator, you were very polite. Computers are not my strong suit and frustrate me hugely.

Sponsored Links
Back