Picture of the week!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well folks, It's that time again!

This weeks picture needs very little explanation.

IMGP1882.jpg

Sponsored Links
I love the homebase sticker :)

was that working? lol

no gromit on any cables

shame on them!

Sponsored Links
Is that a "loose" neutral next to the cpc choc block?? :eek:

its always nice to see people still use green sleeving for half the connections, half being the key word

That's no sleeving - it's the yellow that's been cut from the three core on the left :eek:

securespark said:
Is that a "loose" neutral next to the cpc choc block?? :eek:

Hi Simon, The loose wire is an old cloth covered earth which connected to some pipework under the floor!

You know the sort they sometimes used to use as the MEB

Good eh!

Is that wall made of polystyrene?

I'm no sparky - can anyone explain what the intent of that frightening looking mess is? Have they tried to take a spur off the ring mains?

My guess is a polysterene speck type wallpaper. As an educated guess, someone had taken 2 spurs from behind this socket which is on the ring, possibly too tight to get all the wires in the socket and used chock block, badly. The yellow core of the 3c+e shouldn't have really been cut back, if not required it should have been connected to earth.

Spark123 said:
The yellow core of the 3c+e shouldn't have really been cut back, if not required it should have been connected to earth.

If not required it should have been terminated safely........connected to earth? not!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back