Piled foundations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello - not sure if anyone can help with this, but I would like some info on approximate costs of piled foundations (6m long) in £/m. If anyone knows any good websites that provide this info or have 1st hand knowledge then I would be very grateful.

best regards

Nick

Sponsored Links
Cost will be on getting the rig to site and number of piles.. the actual ground beams cost little in comparison. What exactly are you trying to do? If its a small area mini piles are a cheaper option.

I did an extension recently that required a piled foundation with concrete ring beam......

Although the customer paid for and arranged the piling contractor I worked in close liaison with them and controlled the setting out etc..... the piling consisted of 17 piles at 6 metre depths and a 450mm x 450mm concrete ring beam with a change of levels. Once the foundations were in I continued to build the extension..........

The piling contractor’s bill was a round £8000, I thought and still think it was an unnecessary system and a rip off, but nevertheless it went ahead...

http://www.rayal.co.uk/Large Ex.htm

The above link shows the varying stages through out the work and in particular the piles in place and subsequent ring beam......

Good Luck
Ray :)

12 x 200mm piles to a depth of 8 mtrs including 450x450 ring beam.
Also £8000.
The only thing I regret is having the piling contractor do the ring beam as this amounted to about £3000 of the overall cost and is money for old rope. I am sure a general groundworker would have halved this price.

Sponsored Links
paulandlaura said:
12 x 200mm piles to a depth of 8 mtrs including 450x450 ring beam.
Also £8000.
The only thing I regret is having the piling contractor do the ring beam as this amounted to about £3000 of the overall cost and is money for old rope. I am sure a general groundworker would have halved this price.

I feel the rip off comes from the Piling, from my own enquiries the approx costs would have been as follows.......to hire the machinery £500 - Materials £250 - Labour £500

The cost for the ring beam could be slightly less, but when you consider the digger and labour to pull the trench, the skips for debris, the materials and making up of the steel in the beam and tying to the piles, the cubic metres of concrete, the pump lorry, other plant and labour for the pour..........I would say £2000 to £2500 would have been fair (going by the job I was involved with)................ :)

Ray

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back