pipes in concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At some stage I need to put down a concrete floor in my extension and wonderd what the best way would be to cater for pipes that will have to be laid for central heating etc. Would I form channels in the concrete screed as I put it down?

Sponsored Links
hi there. i think what i would do would be to run the pipes in first fix in position then lay your floor down this way you can just concentrate on laying floor and making good job of that but remember not to damage ends of pipes. dont know if its pos to run pipes through some sort of trunking then if you have a prob you could always replace just something else to think about.

I would make a duct with a wooden lid for access / maintenance.

At the very least if it's copper either use plastic coated or wrap insulating tape round it or paint it, then enclose it in minimum 15mm thickness insulation (required by part l1 of building regs 2002 for heating pipes outside the heated zone, and I take the floor beneath a ground floor outside, a suspended floor with heated room above and below I call inside). If you wish you can then poor concrete over it.

Keep solder joints to minimum, use no compression,
if plastic pipe try and do whole run without a joint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back