Plaster or not to plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a shower into what was once an airing cupboard in the bathroom. I have put stud walling up and I going to fix to this 9.5mm plaster board.
Is it necessary to skim plaster this before the tills are fitted or can I fix the tills to the plaster board.

Thanks

CliveB

Sponsored Links
Is a 'till' the same as a tile, if it is you do not ned to plaster, but I would seal the plaster board.

Yes, you can tile directly onto plasterboard. In fact, directly onto plasterboard is preferable to plasterboard that has been plastered.

However, seeing as this is going to be a shower and thus subjected to a lot of water, you would be better off using aquapanel. This is similar to plasterboard but made with cement, and is 12.5mm thick. It is heavier, but is still designed to be fitted to studwork.

It costs about £11 for a 1200*900mm sheet in Wickes.

OK, so your tiles and grout are meant to prevent the wall surface underneath becoming wet, but I suppose the reason for Aquapanel is that the grout is never perfect.

Sponsored Links
>Does "meen" mean 'mean'?

only if you mean it (if you know what i mean, 'arry?)

>sillie, or silly???

oh! it's gotta be 'or' every time

anyway........
so there i was talking about plaster........ LOL

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back