Plasterboard joint tape

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I ordered some joint tape, but it was not self adhesive. Then somebody said It was available self adhesive - but that turned out to be Skrim tape ( sort of open weave fibre glass type ) What I want is a tape that is self adhesive, but suitable to cover joints prior to painting - it is not going to be skimmed. Is there such a tape and where can I get it ?? TYIA

Sponsored Links
The fiberglass mesh joint tape is self adhesive. The regular paper tape is not. The regular paper tape is meant to be applied with wet joint compound, and the joint compound itself is what holds the tape in the joint.

I've been plastering for 20 years, and I prefer the fiberglass mesh tape simply because it's easier to use and rarely do you get a crack in a drywall joing (even without any tape in the joint) anyhow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back