plasterboard wall and curtain rails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just found this fab web site!

I have a new build and in the process of fitting curtain rails. We have plasterboard walls mainly which are really anoying for hanging things. People often talk about how 'great' plasterboard plugs are but we cannot use them as the gap between the plasterboard and masonary/and or lintel in the case of curtain rails is too narrow!!! very anoying! I have tried to penetrate the lintel but end up with sore arms and a hot drill bit! My walls now look like you could play snooker on them the number of holes that l have generated!!!

Any tips on how to hang curtain rails and any other thing really such as pictures on a plasterbaord wall with a gap too narrow for wall plugs???

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Probably you wont want to but what i did in our seemingly undrillable wall in the bed room was, stick some wood up with "no more nails" and screw into that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back