plastering and plug socket fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

when i plasterboard and plaster, is it best to attach the plug sockets to the walls then cut andplaster around them, or plaster first (just leaving a small hole with wire coming thought) then cut holes to sink the socket back box back so its flush? what order is this usually done in?

thanx :)

Sponsored Links
fix the backbox with the wires rolled up inside,plaster the walls cleaning the sockets as you go then fix the fronts back on. ;)

For plasterboard I find better to do as you suggested, feed the wire thru, and carefully cut them out after plastering otherwise the plasterers will not get it smooth round the boxes.

Just dont let an electrician do the boxes or else they will be all cock-eyed.

Sponsored Links
cookoid_0 said:
For plasterboard I find better to do as you suggested, feed the wire thru, and carefully cut them out after plastering otherwise the plasterers will not get it smooth round the boxes.

Just dont let an electrician do the boxes or else they will be all cock-eyed.

thats the long way of doing things and youve more chance of having an accident or cutting through a wire ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back