Plastering internal block wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just re-decorating the bathroom, I had to block up an old door way and the blocks I used are wider than the ones used in the house so there is about a 3/4" difference between the old doorway and the main wall, is it best to skim a scratch coat on the main wall to bring it level and then start afresh on the whole section?
Also I removed the tiles off another wall and some of the plaster came off aswell, the plaster was quite loose in alot of places so I stripped the lot off with a kango, there are alot of small raised patches of old plaster still stuck on the blocks, they are sticking out about 2-5mm, is it ok to skim over them? am I right in thinking all I have to do is wet the blockwork before applying the plaster? cheers

Sponsored Links
the wall with the door float and set it or just dot&dab the lot woth mr plasterboard or if your tiling use hardi backer board or just s/c float the lot
iv got 10 bags of bonding for sale if you want m8

1: NO,dont skim straight on to block, wet or not :eek:

2: if you have a kango? take a little extra time and get the remainder of the skimming off/tile adheasive.

3: Either take a flat chistle oun the kango and take the blockwork back 10mm past the existing, tight coat of bonding, scrim joints and re skim, or dot and dab the whole wall tape and skim. the second option being quicker. Or if unlike me you can stand hollow walls see option 3 ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back