PLEASE HELP NO H/W NO HEATING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Potterton profile about 15 yrs old manual valve for switching from heating to hot water. when switching boiler on with valve set to ch/dhw it fires up for about 5 mins then switches off, pipes to pump are hot ,rads cold!! not a lot of hot water then eventually the over-heat thermostat cuts the boiler off.Its a gravity fead system, according to the fault sheet it is a thermostat (is it the gravitydhw/pump over-run thermostat or overheat thermostat or the control thermostat)PLEASE HELP AS ITS GETTING COLD

Sponsored Links
steve0143 said:
manual valve for switching from heating to hot water.

One of those dinky old Servowarm valves? How quaint :p
As said, start by checking the pump, you boiler is working :!:

Its a gravity fead (fed) system

Do you mean it's not a sealed system i.e has a F & E tank in the loft?

Is there an air-bleed point on the pipes by the HW cylinder (near that manual valve)? Air stops circulation.

Sponsored Links
yes i have the old servowarm manual valve for dhw/ch, have cleaned boiler and checked for air ,it will start up now and run dhw/ch but i have to put immersion heater on for 15 mins before start up then it works fine .Any ideas please???? could it be the boiler thermostat???? :rolleyes:Its a fully pumped sytem 2 tanks in loft.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back