Please help - (Valiant Boiler Trouble)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have two valiant boilers, running in series. One works fine, the other doesn't.

It will constantly fuse, straight away or after a few days. Changing the temp setting makes no difference.

What happens is... we reset it (push the reset button) and it starts to fire up. It fires up fine, then it will go offline and you hear a ticking noise then it sometimes lights again or fuses.

Can someone please advise?
Can i check with a multimeter whats going on and whats most likely to be at fault?

Many thanks,

David Herman

Sponsored Links
I don't have a clue what the model number is... It isn't on the boiler.

I know that it is 11 or 12 years old. It has two doors (one for the burner window which is large, one for the controls). The controls are a on off switch, a nob for regulating the temp.

Speaking to Valliant today, they have advised me to flush the system... do you feel that this could be causing the problem?

Boiler is a combicompact VCW 2**

Great boiler, I bet has not seen a service for donkies.

You need an engineer who knows this boiler. As for you looking at it with a multimeter, what do you hope to see. I repair boilers every day- I would be refering to the manual to work on this boiler.

Final advise- if the person who attends repair tells you the boiler needs to be replaced, show him the door.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply!

Yea, it only had its first service a year back :confused:

Vallient came out and unblocked a part. He has said that the system needs to be flushed out. Can anyone advise how hard/simple it is and whats involved?

I might give it a go :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back