please note

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are you aware that anyone can post on these forums?
I mean that although most questions are from the U.K. (you can tell, most of the time) I suggest that whoever posts, signs it with their country of origin.
This way you will not be posting things like " go to B & Q and look for xyz", where as our American cousins do not have B & Q

Another concern is electrical DIY, America has the black as the live or hot wire as they call it, could cause a bit of confussion as could brand names, selotape for example is a brand of condom in America, just think of it, "have you tried selotape?"

U.K

Sponsored Links
Fair comment, it is something we are aware of. We are currently overhauling the forum, and should be updating it early in the new year, this is one of the issues will shall be addressing. There shall also be some new features such as the ability to add pictures in posts.
Thanks for your input though, much appreciated. We always welcome constructive comments and would welcome any further suggestions/comments/features/improvements for the site.

DIYnot.com

[Edited by DIYnot on 08-12-2002 at 12:04 PM GMT]

Can I make another suggestion...can you make the forum so that users have to register/provide user name to start threads/post replies rather thatn just loggin in as anonymous. IMO it helps to generate more of a community environment and fosters relationships between users, which improves the quality of the forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back