Plugging in a fridge to an cooker circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have recently moved house. I am connecting my appliances in the kitchen. The cooker circuit leads to a junction box. There is one connection for the cooker and another goes to a wall socket (still with the thicker cabel) behind where the fridge will go in the kitchen. The previous tennents had their fridge here too and this is the only logical socket near it. Is there any reason why I should not plug the fridge into this circuit? I know the circuit can take much higher currents and therefore the fuse will not go so easily, but is the supply power going to damage the fridge in any way?

Many thanks

Alastair

Sponsored Links
WHAAAAA??? is there a cooker switch? where on the circuit is this located?

if the switch controls the cooker and this spare socket, you MUST NOT plug your fridge in here. If the socket is not isolated by the switch, you may plug the fridge in - label the fuse in the fuse box "cooker and fridge"

The power supplied to this socket is the same power supplied everywhere else in the house. 230VAC at 50Hz.

What rating fuse is this lot connected to in the fuse box?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back