'Plumbers Mait' or 'Sticks Like sh*t'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
couldn't decide what forum..thats Y its here..

I have a ceramic tiled kitchen work top, I have just bedded the sink into position using 'Plumbers Mait', (years ago I used silicone which was messy & a B^!*stard to remove at a later date) this was such an easy job to do & also looks neat & tidy I thought it would be a good idea if I could bed the electric hob unit in using 'plumbers Mait'.

I sent an email to Evo-stick (by the way I got the Evo-stick parent company from a topic on diynot) asking what temperature 'plumbers mait was effective at. The reply I received was that it is only effective to 70C but there is a product & I quote ' A MORE SATISFACTORY PRODUCT FOR THIS APPLICATION, WHICH CAN EXCEED 150C & AVAILABLE FROM BUILDERS MERCHANTS IS Evo-stick 'STICKS LIKE SH*T.'

Is there such a product, I know we all use the term sticks like **, but to market a product with that name.

Maybe its out there

Sponsored Links
It is.
Its expensive. Big advantage seems to be that it'll stick to wet surfaces.
Big disadvantage is its really sticky and not easy to clean off.
I've used it to stick skirting boards and wobbly chairs.

Thanks for telling me it is a genuine product, I was doubtful, I think I will use 'plumbers mait', silcone is to difficult if it should need removal at any time.

Sponsored Links
Surely to just say 'Sticks like sh*t' is only half the saying. The complete saying is 'Sticks like sh*t to a baby's blanket' It is a fact that sh*t doesn't stick as well to everything.

no no no, sticks like poo to a bears arse.
A bear was in the woods and he sat down for a crap, next to a little bunny who was also having a crap. The bear turned to the bunny and said "does poo stick to your fur?"
The bunny replied "oh yes it picks it up off of anything and is a real bugger to get off"
the bear replied "good"
the bunny looked quizically at the bear and said "why" just as the bear plopped out a biggy
The bear replied "Cos ive run out of toilet paper" with thats he picked up the bunny and wiped his arse with it

Thermo

Aint good in Somerset, less it can 'Stick a duck's a**e to cider' ;)

If you want to silicone a hob down, put masking tape round the aperture in worktop, place hob in correct position (i.e. tighten down) score masking tape with stanley or another propriety brand, remove hob, remove surplus (inner) masking tape, 'break' worktop surface with a rub of emery(or similair), apply silcone to scratched surface, replace hob, clamp down, when silicone "bouncy" to the touch lightly score round hob again. When silicone dry(ish) remove masking tape from around hob unit then rub a finger (HARD) round the edges to remove excess. Voila, job done ! (Oh. then remember you haven't wired it in :oops: :oops: :oops: )

Just thought, silicon applicator for the rich, left or right, courtesy of Jordan ... Bet there would be some waste ... all that squeezing !! :eek:

pipme said:
Just thought, silicon applicator for the rich, left or right, courtesy of Jordan ... Bet there would be some waste ... all that squeezing !! :eek:
Maybe thats where the hard finger rubbing comes in ;) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back