plumbing and heating: wire a towerstat rf into my ideal isar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I wonder if anyone can help im trying to wire a towerstat rf into my ideal isar HE 24 on the boiler wiring I have a 5 core cable BLU BROWN BLK GREY & EARTH THE BLK AND GREY are not connected and there is a link wire between the 2 terminals marked L1 & L2 the BROWN is wired into L3 Earth into Earth and BLU into N on the back of the stat I have a N & L & NO & NC and a COMM for 230v wiring it looks like you put a link between L & COMM N to N can anyone tell me what L1 and L2 are and in what order are they SL on or SL off as note to sure what gos where
Regards Alfieboy1

Sponsored Links
There are to ways you can wire this.

1. Link L to Common at the Stat and connect NC (SL ON) to L2

2. Connect Common to L1 and NC (SL ON) to L2

In both cases, there must be a supply to L and N of the Stat; and the link must be removed between L1 and L2

There are to ways you can wire this.

1. Link L to Common at the Stat and connect NC (SL ON) to L2

2. Connect Common to L1 and NC (SL ON) to L2

In both cases, there must be a supply to L and N of the Stat; and the link must be removed between L1 and L2

Hi thanks for promp reply so there is no need for the L1 to be used I did try it this way with just a switched live and got no heating when called for on stat got the fan blade symbol come up but no heating i did wire a honeywell stat between L1 and L2 and that works fine but that was only on a fly lead
Regards Alfieboy1

Sponsored Links
Have you checked that the two parts of the Towerstat talk to each other?

First check the RF addresses are the same (page 7 - RF Address Code setting)), then check communication between the two parts (page 17 - testing RF transmission range).

Do you have a multimeter? If so you can check the voltages.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back