Plumbing in dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Anybody can you help.

I want to install a dishwasher, however there is no room for it on the side of the kitchen where the waste is I want to put it on the opposite side of kitchen next to fridge. I have a cold water feed but the waste is a problem. iMAGINE THIS IS A DIAGRAM OF THE

Drain
------------------------ brick wall [

shower bath [ bATHROOM
----------------------- stud wall
dishWASH [ kITCHEN

Other appliances ...... [ .... Drain

OUTSIDE WALL

I know this is a cr*p diagram but do you think I could tap into the bathtub waste by fitting a tee after the shallow trap, then conceal this pipe behind the bathtub panel , through the wall and then anout 450mm along the wall to the rear of the dishwasher.(At a suitable height)

Would I have problems?

The level of the floor is about 125mm above the ground level outside where the bath waste goes to .

The cold feed I am using goes through the wall to the shower which is seldom used if they are not used at the same time would this be a problem.

Thanks in advance for any help

regards

ALEX

Sponsored Links
the only way to find out is try it. But i would have thought that as your diswasher pumps water out it stands a chance of back filling into the bath.

as for the cold feed seems ok to me

Cheers for your insight mate, hopefully it wont back fill as the bath plug hole is higher than the level of the hole in the wall were the waste pipe goes out and then down into the drain, i'll give it a go and see.

Alex

You could use a non-return waste pipe which is designed to prevent the back flow of water in waste pipe
T28M-NRV_pic.jpg

Never use one,so I don't know much about them.

Sponsored Links
If you use a "Y" connection and your shower is the straight through and the dishwasher drain is into the angled side with the single end towards the drain then you should have no problem. As for the cold feed, I would recommend that you try to use hot line as your dishwasher will take forever to do it's cycle because it is constantly heating water. the element in there is to heat the water up a little higher than normally in the pipes, not to heat from cold.

Sorry to disagree smithman but all dishwashers i've fitted have been designed to be connected to a cold water supply.

My own included as it has a cold rinse setting. What you would use that for, I don't know.

Sorry about that. Been thinking about it all day today myself. Here in North America they are plumbed into the HOT water supply. That is according to the instruction manuals of the dishwashers that I have installed.

but in America "washers" wash using cold water (alegedly) here in the UK we use hot and cold water. guesss it depends what the m/c is designed to use

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back