Pointing around windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a builder renovating my Victorian terrace. He repointed the front of the house and replaced the stone sills which had decayed. He neatly pointed around the top windows leaving a uniform 'band' all around the window approx 1" wide, covering the space between windowframe and brickwork. He then disappeared and has never returned to complete the job on the downstairs bay or the windows at the back of the house. He did chip out all the old mortar but never finished it. I have tried to get other builders to finish the job but none seem interested. I have tried to do it myself but made a complete botch. Any suggestions gratefully received. I am in N.Cheshire/S.Manchester.

Sponsored Links
Firstly remove cement stains with acid from DIY or builders merchant. Puzzled why there is gap between window and brickwork? Always seen frame close to brickwork.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back