Polite notice

M

Hello all.
Quite often new members are told to see the sticky posts. I have been watching the sticky topic for some time, and some external websites seem to have blocked the use of their pictures on this site.

This does nothing to help new posters, with drawings no longer being there, and with the decline of “imagehost”

I am giving notice that I will be removing all posts where by the picture is unavailable. I will probably be doing this within the next 4/5 days.

You are more than welcome to edit your own posts to reinstate missing pictures. Or if you wish you may want to add new information posts.

Regards

Lynda

Sponsored Links
Some time back Admin said that he/she had taken a copy of the images that were hosted at a soon-to-be-defunct image hosting site, and that an alternative host would be used and the links altered.

Is this still the plan?

Yes it is still "The plan" but as you can see it is not happening :cry: hence my post.

Perhaps this may make admin do it.

I take your point Lynda. The plan did sound rather ambitious when it was announced. :(

Sponsored Links
am i right in thinking there is provision in the wiki for storing images? if admin has the images backed up it wouldn't be too much effort to transfer the info that isn't yet transfered?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back