Polycarbonate roofing sheets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if anyone could comment/advise please ?
I am re-installing a s/h conservatory and the roof is made up of triple wall polycarbonate sheets. Have I seen a comment somewhere that the open ends of the roofing sheets need to be closed with a special tape which, I think, might be required to allow the cavity to "breath" but keep out dirt and moisture or condensation. It does not appear that the polycarbonate sheets, when removed, were fitted with any type of taped closure over their open ends. Would it be good practice to cover these open ends, after a thorough internal clean and dry ?
Any comments much appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
The idea of them is to stop any small insects in the box section of the sheetings and end up staying there for life! The silver tape goes at the top and the breathable tape (normally a grey colour) at the bottom to allow any condensation to drain off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back