Polycell smooth over

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am sure youve all seen the latest polycell advert with the ultra easy to use - idiot proof smooth over for textured walls and ceilings, How good is it really? thinking of using it or similar product on my artexed ceiling but dont want to make it worse! is it worth getting a plasterer in to do it properly?
Any feedback greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
all I can say is don't do it!

I tried my last flat in a very small hall and it took ages. The result was not very good and it's not as easy as the ad makes out.

I had a similar problem in that my flax was world of artex.

That stuff is quite expensive from what I remember, didn't try it but I'd probably say is is more for less textured surfaces than artex. May be wrong tho.

I just boarded over all my ceilings then dry lined them myself. It's easy, cheap and you get a perfect finnish.

Sponsored Links
Another NO from me!

We got it for our lounge when we moved in as the walls weren't in the best condition.

Wish we'd just stumped up the cash and got the walls skimmed properly

That advert makes me laugh with the couple smiling and smoothing in harmony. It was NOTHING like that in our house when we were doing it!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back