Poor flow from hot and cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a very poor flow coming from my hot and cold taps on my indirect gravity fed system. (Bungalow)
The tank is located in the loft space and can be raised some more but only by about 3 ft, will doing this greatly improve my flow rate?
The hot and cold to the bath are both fed by 22mm pipes, with 15mm pipes branching off to the other taps, the route of the pipework is fairly direct with the minimal of bends.
If raising the tank doesnt work is their anything else i should consider?
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Are all taps equally bad? COuld be the taps were designed for high pressure.
Flow is roughly proportional to the height to the water level from the tap - you can estimate that.
Alternative - pump.

:LOL: Hi yes raising the cistern in the loft should create bit more of a pressure drop but 3 feet is really useless and a waste of money.

I had come across a job in a flat last year with this same problem and had overcome it by installing a pump to the hot/cold flow.

The system is much better and have had no complaints about it, the customer is still happy.

Hope it helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back