Poor flow rate to taps.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having a real problem with the water supply flow rates through a friends bathroom taps. He has two bathrooms with the basins of each being positioned back to back, the supply to one being fine. The problem taps are both wall mounted and supply one of those glazed basins that have no overflow and both hot and cold supply pipes were fitted with a PRV. In order to determine as to whether these PRVs were the cause of the minimal flow rate I have removed the one on the cold supply but this has absolutely no effect on the water coming out of the tap.

I can just about read the manufacturers imprint on these taps; it is JAGUAR. I thought it might be worth running some descaler through them but surely scale would not effect the cold tap? Because they are wall mounted on tiles there would be a fare bit of work to replacing them. Anybody familiar with this type of tap? Are they likely to give problems?

Sponsored Links
What are ther supplies - gravity from a tank in the loft? If so it's most likely that the taps are designed for high pressure so there will be nout you can do.

ChrisR said:
What are ther supplies - gravity from a tank in the loft? If so it's most likely that the taps are designed for high pressure so there will be nout you can do.

Sorry, should have made this clear originally: they are direct supplies. It is also the case that my friends suffer from low water pressure from time to time. They moved into the flat a few months ago and say that these taps have got progressively worse. Any idea why they would have been originally fitted with PRVs?

Presumably you can adjust the pressure setting on the PRVs (what make are they?). What effect does this have?

Sponsored Links
Yes, there is an adjustment screw on the PRV but altering it had no effect as did its complete removal from the cold supply. I did not check to see the PRV manufacturer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back