poor hot water flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I recently replaced my old mixer tap in the kitchen (very old) for a franke mono mixer tap, the new flow is very poor. at first I used flexi pipes but changed them to full bore 15mm, but the flow is still poor.
The hot flow is not brilliant but it was much better than it is now. looking at the design of the new mixer tap the bore of the hot pipe is narrow about 8mm, is this the reason for the poor flow? I was thinking of changing to 2 seperate taps to increase the flow to the hot instead of it going through a mixer to increase the flow?
Problem is, I have also put in a new sink which only has one tap hole, so would need to change this also to one with 2 holes to accomodate....does anybody have any ideas how I can increase the flow to the hot without having to do this?
The system is gravity fed hot from a hot water cylinder...the fall from the cylinder is only about 1m hence the poor pressure.
any help appreciated,cheers

Sponsored Links
these taps are designed for HIGH pressure (mains etc) and not for LOW (tanks etc)

everyone does this

they just wont work change em

Sponsored Links
gibs said:
I will change them.....to what??? any suggestions? thanks

sorry didnt make myself as clear as I thought

how about changing em for LOW pressure taps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back