Poor Toilet flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is similar to the problem Benson had.
I have installed a complete new close coupled toilet, the one in the Wicks cat. but it does not seem to flush very well.
It fills up properly and when you push the lever it seems to work properly,apart from the fact that it does not seem to empty the cistern enough, ie a fair amount of water at the bottom of the cistern after flush. (100mm)
I have changed the handle crank position, and also plugged the over flow to get more water in than the 6 litres but this does not seem to have helped - any suggestions?
PS I know some one may say its the diaphram but this is also new - unless it has moved or is kinked?

Sponsored Links
By law you shouldn't have a new toliet cistern which gives you more than 6 litres. Do you just want a bigger flush because thats what you are used to or is it because your current flush doesn't clear all the waste from your toilet?

Reply to Peter Anderson - I only increased the quantity of water as a temporary measure to see if it helped the situation, because the cistern does not seem to empty enough. All the waste from the toilet is not always cleared.

Close coupled toilets are notorious for leaving behind some waste material due to not having enough 'head' of pressure to flush through.
I have two of these toilets and they both leave nasties behind :eek: from time to time.
You will have to live with it or keep flushing or steer clear from close coupled toilets in future

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back