poor water pressure on hot water to bath and basin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello every one now this is my first post so try to be nice
the problem i have is poor hot water pressure to the bath and the basin in the bathroom now the hot water comes from the hot water cylender fed by a cold water header tank the tanks are on the same floor as the bathroom.
the header tank is only about five foot above floor height with the hot water tank under it.Now this house is a three storey town house bathroom on the top floor, the hot water pressure in the kitchen is fine the kichen being on the second floor and the pressure to the ground floor toilet basin is fine to i cant move the header tank up into the loft as its to small can anyone tell me if i can pump just the hot water hope this makes sence
please excuse the spelling

thanks obe1

Sponsored Links
Changing from tank- to mains-fed hot water is not a cheap or simple prospect, so I wouldn't recommend going down that road.

To answer your question about pumping, yes you can do that. The best position for the pump is likely to be at the base of the cylinder. You can simply cut into your hot output from the cylinder and route the pipework to the pump.

Talk to Stuart Turner tech dept about which pump will suit your requirements. They're helpful and straighforward with their advice. If you to double check what they tell you then post back here for advice.

Sponsored Links
Thanks to all who replied,Softus where do i find Stuart Turner at the tech dept ive looked for a link from this site and i cant find one. So if you could point me in the right direction, And dab i wish i had the force with the hot water it might come out of the tap faster ha ha

thanks again

obe1

Stuart Turner will be down T` Woolpack wi` his long lost brother ,Alan :LOL: .....................Try a Google search for Stuart Turner pumps..it`s two surnames, being the name of the engineering co.

Nah, you're thinking of Stuart Turner Overdrive Nige. You know the one - "b-b-b-baby you just ain't seen nothing yet..."

:LOL: :LOL: A CORGI whispered to me that it was Bark,man Turner overdrive......Just call me the Dog Whisperer :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back