Poss. flow wrong way around boiler ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had a thirty year old boiler replaced with a Vaillant ecoMAXplus 18e boiler. The company that fitted the boiler altered the original pipe work and I believe the flow is in the wrong direction through the boiler. The system is fitted with a Grundfos TF110 pump, can anyone please tell me what direction the flow is when looking at the pump with the writting up the correct way, does the water come in the bottom and out the top or the other way round. also there are two motorised valves (honeywell) is it important that that the flow is as indicated by the cast arrow on the valve body ?. I can not see a arrow on the pump.

Sponsored Links
You cannot go on the direction of the head, some better plumbers always turn the head so the electric are at the top.

There will be an arrow on the body and it should be pointing towards AB on the motorised valve

Just noticed you have an S plan so the arrow will be pointing towards the valves.

Many thanks for your reply unfortunately due to the position of the pump I can not see any flow direction marked, assuming the plumber did not move the motor part in relation to the base how would the pump be supplied ? also any thoughts on the importance of the flow direction through the valves and boiler ?.

delone said:
Many thanks for your reply unfortunately due to the position of the pump I can not see any flow direction marked, assuming the plumber did not move the motor part in relation to the base how would the pump be supplied ? also any thoughts on the importance of the flow direction through the valves and boiler ?.

The importance is very important, it must be the right way, in fact I don't think the boiler will work if its the wrong way.

Don't know the ecomax plus 18e, do you mean the ecomax pro, if so the flow pipe is on the right.

Get a mirror and a torch you should be able to see the arrow on the back.

Sponsored Links
delone said:
Many thanks for your reply unfortunately due to the position of the pump I can not see any flow direction marked, assuming
If you can upload a photo of it , then one us will be able to tell you the flow direction just from looking at it.

Sorry error it is a ecoMAXpro. Unfortunately no idea how to display picture.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back