"Possible" radiator problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Guys,

Your help would be very much appreciated on the following...

A couple of years ago, one of my rads nearly came off the wall due to bad fixings. It was easy enough to repair, I just drained the rad, re-made the fixings and replaced the rad. It was easy because I have a simple indirect system, so when I bled the rad the system just tops itself up from the small tank in the loft.

However, I need to do the same for a friend tomorrow, but they have a combi system. I was simply going to close the rad valves and drain it, remove the rad, re-do the fixings and when the rad is re-fitted, just open one of the valves, bleed the rad and then open the other. Is this ok on a combi system, or will it be left short of water? Is there anything else I need to do??

Many thanks if you can help.

Regards

Gary

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks I'll have a look. Sorry, I'm going daft tonight, too much wine perhaps..... ;)

No problem - Know the feeling well... If he has a new boiler which has an integral filling loop; you may need a special key which would have been supplied with the boiler, but I know most don't stay with the boiler if you get my drift; so check before draining otherwise you might leave him with no heating :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back