Potterton Lynx 1 Flow rate problem..?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for all the previous posters who helped me narrow down what the problem was.. there's more to these things than meets the eye! Blimey.. I thought completely 'electrical and electronic' before but read this and see what you think..?

Here's the symptoms: Turn DHW bath tap on full.. lots of flow, boiler ignites, high flame etc. all works normally, temp doesn't get very hot (about 40 degrees), switch to shower with lower flow and the boiler turns the heat off..

Also if a DHW tap is on and then a cold tap is opened (even just a half a turn) the heat gets turned off then as well. Must be a flow switch or diverter valve problem? any idea's gratefully received, I did go down the electronics route first (but board is good, as is the DHW temp sensor, (Ohm's all normal)..

Sorry to be a pain! I'm determined to fix the blinkin' thing.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Could be a dirty or blocked inlet filter causing a flow rate less than that required to keep boiler working

id start with the diaphragm. its maybe stretched and only hitting flow switch at higher flow rate. the inlet filter is in the same housing so can be checked at the same time anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back