Potterton Lynx reset light - no hot water when heating on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, what a great site. :eek:

My Potterton Lynx boiler heats water fine, but when I switch the central heating on it works well for about 20 minutes and then the reset light appears. I have to hold down the reset button for a few seconds and then it fires up again, but thereafter the light comes on every few minutes, having warmed up properly once.

While the light is on there is obviously no hot water. Very occasionally if I've had the heating on recently the light comes on when the heating isn't on - say if several people have showers one after the other - but this is very rare.

The boiler was serviced about 12 months ago (when I moved into this flat) and they did a powerflush on all the radiators too at the same time. This reset light problem started about 8 months ago but we lived with it through the winter. Am nervous about pushing my luck again though!

Any help I'd be really grateful thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thank you v much, having seen your username I was hoping you might reply! I will see if I can do anything about that, and if not at least I will sound a bit like I know what I'm talking about when I call someone out!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back