Potterton Neataheat Electronic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help me to understand what is wrong with this Potterton Neataheat Electronic boiler.
Everything functions as it should but the burners shut down for long periods when they should be full on resulting in luke warm system. It also cycles the burner rail on and off at times.

It feeds a conventional heating & hot water system with two separate room thermostats and an electronic control system that appears to be working fine. The boiler control seems to be the problem. Descaling of the system has been done and the fan works okay but it's just a little noisy.

What part of the boiler control system should I be looking to replace/adjust?

Sponsored Links
Could well be the boiler thermostat....make any difference when you turn it up full?

It doesn't make any difference whether it is set on 2 or 5, it still behaves the same.

If it's the same for heating and hot water replace the boiler stat.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice. I'll try that. The boiler stat doesn't seem to make much difference at all. Even with the hot water tank at 64 degrees and the stat set to 1, it just keeps on burning. At other times with the stat set high, it fails to light for ages.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back