Potterton Netaheat 10/16

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My decorators removed one of my radiators yesterday to plaster skim the wall behind it. They put it back on today and now I don't seem to be able to get any hot water. I mean the boiler comes on when I switch it on but it only stays on for around 5 minutes and there's absolutely no hot water even though the boiler, an old Potterton Netaheat 10/16, the pump and the exchange valve get very hot. There's also a noise like pumping air . . .

I'm sure there's an airlock somewhere but dont see how the radiator being removed could affest the hot water. When I vent the radiator they took off there's a hissing sound.

Please help . . . I'm sweaty and i need a shower . . . :cry:

Sponsored Links
Lack of water.

Check the header tank and free the stuck ballvalve first.

When you open the air vent on the radiators (with the pump off) does the heating tank run, could be the cold feed is blocked then.

Sponsored Links
Not sure . . . the radiator in question is downstairs in the lounge whilst the boiler is in the kitchen and the header tank is upstairs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back