Potterton puma 80e, persistant problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a potterton puma 80e boiler for around 5 years in the property now, but for around a year, it seems to be giving a lot of problems. Firstly, (this has happened twice), even when the central heating switch is off, the radiators seem to come on for around an hour, and we are not able to turn it off in any instance. Secondly, the boiler has been giving loud hissing and banging noises, and since a late, the banging has become as loud as a hammer drill, and the hissing carries on for at least half hour. Can anyone help in informing me of what the problem maybe, because we have even had British Gas here, and they said there seems to be no problem with it. I've looked at your forums but I cannot seem to understand what the problem with this boiler :confused: :arrow: can be.

Can anyone also tell me the best boiler on the market now, thanks.

Sponsored Links
You need to get the domestic hot water microswitch replaced-It will be intermittently sticking.Also check the operation of the pressure differential assembly that operates the microswitch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back